Letters to the Editor

The staff of CV Student Media operates as a public forum in adherence with Colorado House Bill 20-1062.

To view the full editorial policy for Castle View Student Media, see this link.

As stated in our editorial policy, any student, staff member, administrator or community member may submit a letter to the editor in accordance with the following guidelines.  If there are any questions about student free expression in Colorado or submission of a letter, editors can be reached via email at [email protected]

• Letters to the editor will be printed in the opinion section of the newsmagazine or on the website.
  • Letters to the editor may be submitted via email to [email protected].
  • Letters to the editor should not exceed 300 words, must be signed, and must include the writer’s email or phone number for verification.
  • Letters to the editor will be verified by a member of the editorial board to determine the authenticity of the writer.
  • No material will be printed where content is obscene, invasive of others’ privacy, encouraging physical disruption of school activities, and/or implies libel.
  • The CV Student Media editorial board reserves the right to withhold a letter or column or other submission and/OR return it for revision if it contains unprotected speech or grammatical errors that could hamper its meaning. Deadlines for letters and columns will be determined by each year’s student staff, allowing sufficient time for verification of authorship prior to publication.
  • All letters to the editor become the property of CV Student Media upon receipt and will not be returned to the author.
  • Online comments will require a name and email address submitted that are verifiable.
  • Alerts will be sent to staff editors each time a comment is posted to the site.
  • Online comments that are found in violation of the editorial policy will be removed as quickly as possible.
  • Personal attacks are not allowed.

2020/2021 Submission Deadlines: October 1, 2020; December 1, 2020; February 1, 2021; April 1, 2021