Qualifying for Quarantine

Students are being sent home to quarantine regardless of how they individually feel

A Screen shot taken from the email Bojorquez was sent last Monday. The email describes, “..a negative test does not release an individual from quarantine”.

During this week, students have been receiving emails from the school regarding their classes and COVID-19. As it turns out, students are beginning to come down with the virus resulting in students being forced to work from home and self-isolate. In the email its claims that “…students will be able to return to school on or after Tuesday, Oct. 6”. Although the students who possess the virus remain anonymous, Senior Max Bojorquez shares his story about being forced to stay home for the required week.

Ty: When were you told to stay home to quarantine? Last time I checked you seemed perfectly healthy.

Bojorquez: Yesterday after I got home from work, my mom told me my sister was quarantined. My mom called the school and confirmed it and instead, they said that I was indeed the one who had to stay home.

Ty: Wow that sucks. Who else in your classes has been affected by this or do you even know?

Bojorquez: It’s all linked right now, I have friends in a specific class who are also being quarantined so it’s really all connected. I can see the school shutting down and moving to online really soon.

Ty: What’s your gameplan for being at home for a week?

Bojorquez: Just stay motivated and keep staying on top of my stuff. Since I’m not going to school I feel more obligated to get my work done.