Most Memorable Meals

Alexandria Fisher

With the holiday season fast approaching, students of Castle View look back on some of their most memorable meals. The last two months of the year are usually jam packed with vacations, visiting family members, and preparations to celebrate the holidays with friends and family. Thanksgiving is only a week away, and many look forward to the holiday where they can stuff themselves with delicious food.

However, not all students say their most memorable meals are the ones they experience for Thanksgiving. Alyssa Wilde ‘19 said, “My most memorable meal was probably one year on my birthday. We had shell pasta with pesto and chicken, which is definitely one of my favorite meals to eat. Anyways, my whole family was there and I ended up eating so much pasta, I just kept having more and more servings. I don’t know why I remember it so well, it wasn’t anything special, but it was the first thing that came to mind.”

For some, their most memorable meal was something that had a fun spin on an everyday decision. Isabella Oldenburg ‘19 said, “My most memorable meal was at my Grandma’s house. She had given us menus and changed the names of simple foods so we had to try and figure out what the food were before we ‘ordered’ them.”

With Thanksgiving bringing together families and friends, for some students, their most memorable meals are the ones they actually make. Abigail Feeney ‘19 said, “My most memorable meal was from thanksgiving a couple years ago. Me and my mom made thanksgiving food and it was just so cheerful and fun. My favorite part was making the mashed potatoes and cherry fluff, which are a must in my family. Our relatives arrived at our home and we ate a delicious thanksgiving meal.”

The holidays  are considered to be one of the best times of the year. Cold weather, delicious food, and spending time with family make the holidays so special. But for the students of Castle View the holidays bring family together with meals they’ll never forget.