Presidential Election

For many seniors at Castle View, this is the first election that they have a say in who becomes the United States’ next president. However, for most of these eligible voters the choice is not who would make the best president, but who wouldn’t be the worst.

“I don’t think any of the candidates would do anything to help the country, so at this point I’m just hoping whoever is elected won’t cause too much damage,” said Michaela Kelly ‘17.

According to CNN, Hillary Clinton is leading the polls over Donald Trump by only 5%. Back in July the gap between the two was 10%, however during the debates and campaigning Trump was able to reduce that gap to 5%. Although a majority of Castle View is unable to vote, most of the students have a strong stance on who they prefer to be president.

“I’m not the biggest fan of Donald Trump, however I don’t want someone I am unable to trust to run the country,” said Justin Rychlick ‘17.

During the election year, teachers have to decide whether or not they want to talk about the election in their classroom.

“I would love to talk about it, but it just depends on what class it is and if it correlates to the curriculum. I think it’s important for the students to talk about it, but it’s equally important to remain unbiased,” said Mr. Adams. Allowing students to form their own opinions and beliefs is an important part of becoming who they are, but in order to do so they need the proper information to due so.

For the students that aren’t able to vote, tomorrow is just a day where they don’t have to go to school. But for the students that are able to vote, they have to decide who they want as the next president of the United States.